Pre-Kindergarten Registration Announcement
2015-2016 School Year
Registration Day Set for Pre-K Program
Pending Approval of the 2015-16 Georgia State Budget
Registration for Fayette County’s eleven state funded pre-kindergarten classes will be held at Cleveland, Crabapple Lane, Fayetteville, Inman, Kedron, North Fayette, Oak Grove, Peachtree City, Sara Harp Minter, Spring Hill and Robert J. Burch from January 20, 2015 through February 26, 2015 from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm. Students must be four years old on or before September 1, 2015, to be eligible for the Pre-K program. Students who are age eligible for kindergarten may NOT register for the Fayette County Pre-K program.
Twenty (20) of the registered students will be selected for each class by lottery drawing on February 27, 2015. Residency information and the child’s birth certificate must be presented at the local school to be eligible for the lottery drawing for the Pre-K class. Once a child is selected, parents will be notified and must complete all required enrollment documentation.
More information about Pre-K classes may be obtained by contacting the local school or Clarice Howard at 770-460-3990, ext.121.
Pre-K classes are located in the following elementary school zones: Cleveland, Crabapple, Fayetteville, Inman, Kedron, North Fayette, Oak Grove, Peachtree City, Sara Harp Minter, Spring Hill and Robert J. Burch. Students in the Pre-K Program must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2015. Pre-K registration takes place at the individual schools above.
- Twenty students will be selected through a lottery process for each class. (Students who are not in the school zone may register but will be put on an out-of-zone list and will be eligible if there are any slots left after the first day of school.)
- Children who are on the waiting list or who register after the drawing will be notified of an opening in the order in which they were added to the waiting list. A waiting list form must be completed.
- Due to a limited number of available openings at each school, there are no transfers or special permission opportunities for Pre-K students.
- If a student is selected for the program, but moves out of the school zone during the year, the student will be withdrawn from the Pre-K class. A student from the waiting list will fill the slot.
- Pre-K students will attend school the same number of days as K-12 students. School time is from 7:40 AM – 2:25 PM and Pre-K students are provided bus transportation.
- Each site has a certified teacher and paraprofessional.
- Parents are expected to volunteer in the classroom, attend field trips, and participate in activities at home, such as reading to their child and completing provided activities.
- Good attendance and punctuality are required.
- There are no before or after school programs for Pre-K students.
- The state requires that parents attend two conferences.
Requirements: Please visit our Student Enrollment Procedures page to learn what documents will be requested during registration