Pre-Kindergarten Registration Announcement
2014-2015 School Year
Registration Day Set for Pre-K Program
Pending Approval of Georgia State Budget
Parents of students who will be eligible to attend the Fayette County School System’s state funded Pre-K program for the 2014-15 school year can register their children for a lottery drawing beginning on January 27, 2014.
Pre-K programs are being offered at Cleveland, Crabapple Lane, Fayetteville, Inman, North Fayette, Oak Grove, Peachtree City and Sara Harp Minter, Robert J. Burch elementary schools. Students must be four years old on or before September 1, 2014 to be eligible for the program. Students who are age eligible for kindergarten may NOT register for the Fayette County Pre-K program.
Registration for the lottery drawing will held January 27, 2014, through March 6, 2014, from 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at the schools offering Pre-K programs. Parents must present residency information (visit www.fcboe.org for acceptable documents) and their child’s birth certificate to register for the drawing.
The lottery drawing will be held on March 7, 2014. A total of 20 students will be selected for each class. School personnel will notify parents of those students whose names are drawn.
If there are vacancies at the end of the first day of school and there are no students in the school attendance zone on the waiting list, students residing in any Fayette County school zone will be drawn from a second waiting list. In this case, parents are responsible for transportation to and from school.
Upon notification of admission, parents will need to provide the required enrollment documentation for registration. These documents are posted on the school system’s website, www.fcboe.org.
For more information about the school system’s pre-K program, contact the local school or Clarice Howard at 770-460-3990, ext. 121, or visit the Bright from the Start website, www.decal.ga.gov.
Pre-K classes are located in the following elementary school zones: Cleveland, Crabapple, Fayetteville, Inman, North Fayette, Oak Grove, Peachtree City, Sara Harp Minter and Robert J. Burch. Students in the Pre-K Program must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2014. Pre-K registration takes place at the individual schools above.
- Twenty students will be selected through a lottery process for each class. (Students who are not in the school zone may register but will be put on an out-of-zone list and will be eligible if there are any slots left after the first day of school.)
- Children who are on the waiting list or who register after the drawing will be notified of an opening in the order in which they were added to the waiting list. A waiting list form must be completed.
- Due to a limited number of available openings at each school, there are no transfers or special permission opportunities for Pre-K students.
- If a student is selected for the program, but moves out of the school zone during the year, the student will be withdrawn from the Pre-K class. A student from the waiting list will fill the slot.
- Pre-K students will attend school the same number of days as K-12 students. School time is from 7:45 AM – 2:30 PM and Pre-K students are provided bus transportation.
- Each site has a certified teacher and paraprofessional.
- Parents are expected to volunteer in the classroom, attend field trips, and participate in activities at home, such as reading to their child and completing provided activities.
- Good attendance and punctuality are required.
- There are no before or after school programs for Pre-K students.
- The state requires that parents attend two conferences.
Requirements: Please visit our Student Enrollment Procedures page to learn what documents will be requested during registration
|< Prev||Next >|