Pre-Kindergarten Registration Announcement
2013-2014 School Year
Pending approval of the 2013-14 Georgia State Budget
Registration for Fayette County’s eight state funded pre-kindergarten classes will be held at Cleveland, Crabapple Lane, Inman, North Fayette, Oak Grove, Peachtree City, and Robert J. Burch from January 22, 2013 through February 28, 2013, from 8:30am to 2:00pm. The Pre-K Program at Hood Avenue Elementary will hold the registration and lottery drawing following the Board of Education’s decision regarding school closings. Students must be four years old on or before September 1, 2013, to be eligible for the Pre-K program. Students who are age eligible for kindergarten may NOT register for the Fayette County Pre-K program.
Twenty-two (22) of the registered students will be selected for each class by lottery drawing on March 1, 2013. Residency information and the child’s birth certificate must be presented to be eligible for the lottery drawing for the Pre-K class. At the time of registration the complete enrollment form and the state lottery form must be completed. Once a child is selected, parents will be notified and must go to the FCBOE Welcome Center to provide all documentation.
More information about Pre-K classes may be obtained by contacting Clarice Howard at 770-460-3990, ext.121.
Fayette County State Funded Pre-K Program Registration 2013-2014
Pre-K classes are located in the following elementary schools zones: Cleveland, Crabapple Lane, Hood Avenue, Inman, North Fayette, Oak Grove, Peachtree City, and Robert J. Burch. Students in the Pre-K Program must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2013. Pre-K registration takes place at the individual schools above.
- Twenty-two students will be selected through a lottery process for each class. (Students who are not in the school zone may register but will be put on an out-of-zone list and will be eligible if there are any slots left after the first day of school.)
- Children who are on the waiting list or who register after the drawing will be notified of an opening in the order in which they were added to the waiting list. A waiting list form must be completed.
- Due to a limited number of available openings at each school, there are no transfers or special permission opportunities for Pre-K students.
- If a student is selected for the program, but moves out of the school zone during the year, the student will be withdrawn from the Pre-K class. A student from the waiting list will fill the slot.
- Pre-K students will attend school the same number of days as K-12 students. School time is from 7:45 AM – 2:30 PM and Pre-K students are provided bus transportation.
- Each site has a certified teacher and paraprofessional.
- Parents are expected to volunteer in the classroom, attend field trips, and participate in activities at home, such as reading to their child and completing provided activities.
- Good attendance and punctuality are required.
- There are no before or after school programs for Pre-K students.
- The state requires that parents attend two conferences.
Who may register the student? The biological or adoptive parent should enroll the student. If the student is not living with the biological or adoptive parent, a temporary guardianship form must be obtained from the Probate Court or the guardian must have a court order to allow the student to register. A photo ID will be required for parents and guardians.
Residency: To enroll in Fayette County Schools, the student's parent or legal guardian AND the student must be a fulltime resident of Fayette County before registering for the lottery drawing. Fayette County Schools must have ALL REQUIRED documents upon registration for students to be registered (see below).
1. Proof of residency
a. Homeowners: A current residential property tax statement. If property has closed within last six months, the signed closing settlement statements will be accepted. A current electric bill/initiation of electric service with name and service location and your photo ID.
b. Renters: A current lease or rental agreement with term dates and listing of all occupants. No month to month leases are accepted. A current electric bill/initiation of electric service with name and service location and your photo ID.
2. Copy of Birth Certificate
2. Certificate of Ear, Eye and Dental Examination
3. Social Security Card
|< Prev||Next >|