The professional school counselors serving the students of the Fayette County School System believe:
- All students will achieve and meet high standards that will result in college and career success.
- The dignity, culture, and social/emotional needs of every student is to be respected and valued.
- The school counselors will use data to continuously improve the school counseling program and to deliver services.
- The school counselors will develop and manage a comprehensive school counseling program aligned with the District Strategic Plan .
- School Counselors must be leaders, advocates and collaborators who create equitable access to rigorous curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student.
- The school counselors will collaborate with families, staff, and community resources to address student developmental needs, primary prevention, and continuous student achievement
- The school counselor will apply the ASCA Ethical Standards to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.
Adapted from American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model Framework, 2012
To provide a comprehensive school counseling program that will enable all students to acquire the academic, personal/social, and career knowledge to positively impact our world.
To foster student success at each developmental stage increasing the percentage of students graduating from high school prepared for the demands of college and career, one student at a time.