Mental Health Resources
Fayette County Public Schools is committed to providing all students with a variety of support services to ensure that all students are healthy and secure and ready to learn. There are many resources for students with mental health concerns and you are encouraged to begin with your school counselors for resources.
Click the following link for a comprehensive view of our services: Fayette County Public Schools - Wraparound Services: Interdepartmental systems of care to educate and support ALL students.
Here are some helpful websites:
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: www.nami.org
- Mindwise Innovation (Signs of Suicide): www.mindwise.org
- Georgia Suicide Prevention Information Network: www.gspin.org
The Georgia Crisis and Access Line (GCAL) is a 24/7 behavioral health crisis call center operated by Behavioral Health Link through funding from the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities. GCAL provides free and confidential behavioral health crisis intervention and access to behavioral health services. Anyone in Georgia can call GCAL for help for themselves or on behalf of someone else at 800-715-4225 or via the My GCAL app. Callers actively experiencing a crisis can speak with live clinicians trained in de-escalation. When needed, GCAL can dispatch mobile crisis response teams to provide de-escalation on-site. GCAL information specialists can also provide referrals for treatment in a caller’s area.
For access to services, please call the Georgia Crisis and Access Line (GCAL). GCAL is available 365 days a year to help you or someone you care for in a Mental Health crisis, crisis related to an intellectual/developmental disability and/or substance use crisis. Download the MyGCAL app for text and chat crisis assistance. Search "MyGCAL App" in the Apple App Store and Android Google Play Store.
In case of emergency, I should:
- Call 911
- Call a Crisis Hotline and/or take my child for an immediate assessment (refer to CARE Provider resource)
Crisis Hotline that is open 24 hours per day:
- Fayette County Mental Health Center Hotline · 770-358-5252
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line · 1-800-715-4225
- National Crisis Line · 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Suicide Prevention Hotline · 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- Take my child to an emergency room