The following courses are not eligible for exam exemptions:
- Milestone EOC’s. Milestone EOC course must take an exam in the first semester
- AP classes. AP classes must take an exam in the first semester.
Notification of exam exemption eligibility will be on Monday, December 7 at 8:00 a.m. and end on Tuesday, December 8 at 4:00 p.m.. Your teachers will discuss with you if you are eligible to exempt an exam in their class based on the exam exemption criteria. There are two types of exam exemptions: General and Academic. A student can only choose one type of exemption: General or Academic.
General information regarding exam exemptions is as follows:
General exam exemption:
- To be eligible for a General exam exemption, a student must have an overall grade of 70 or higher on notification day.
- A student may exempt ONE exam using a General exam exemption.
Academic exam exemption:
- To be eligible for an Academic exam exemption, a student must have an overall grade of 95 or higher in a given class.
- If you are enrolled in seven classes, including those classes at FCHS, COI and/or Work-based learning, then he/she may choose to exempt up to THREE final exams.
- If a student is enrolled in six(or fewer) classes at FCHS because he/she a DE "travel" period or 1st or 7th period OPT OUT, then he/she may choose to exempt up to TWO final exams.