Tracy Reid - Teacher
Cristi Bloch - Paraprofessional
Georgia’s Pre-K Program is designed to develop and support quality Pre-K experiences for four year-old children. The program, administered by Bright from the Start, is focused on increasing school readiness and improving overall school performance.
The goal of Georgia’s Pre-K Program is to provide appropriate activities and learning experiences that help prepare young children for school. The term school readiness means that children are socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively prepared for success in kindergarten.
The Pre-K Program helps children become independent, self-confident, enthusiastic learners. Participation in the program encourages children to develop good habits and daily routines.
The Program also encourages child-centered instructional practices based on interests and the skill level of each child. Research shows that children benefit most when instruction is child-centered. Child-centered instruction allows teachers to facilitate learning in a rich environment that fosters children’s initiative, exploration, and collaborative interaction with other children and adults.
- Immunization DHR Form 3231 and Hearing/Dental/Vision DHR Form 3300 (You will be notified if your forms are incomplete)
- A cloth rest mat will be needed by the first day of school. These mats will be available in the school office throughout the summer and at the parent orientation in the cafeteria. The cost is $20.
- 2 refill packs of baby wipes
- Box of tissues
- Roll of paper towels and pack of napkins
- Bottle of hand soap and sanitizer
- www.decal.ga.gov (click the Pre-K tabs for more information and newsletters regarding program)