Return to Headlines
COVID-19 & Comcast
Effective today, Monday, March 16, 2020, we are putting in place NEW substantial program enhancements to help these families deal with this crisis. Click here for all details.
- We will make it even easier for low-income families who live in a Comcast service area to sign up by offering new customers 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is usually available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
- We are increasing Internet speeds for the Internet Essentials service from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps for all new and existing customers, which will be the speed of the service going forward. In this way, we will ensure that Internet Essentials customers will be able to use their Internet service for all their increased needs as a result of this health crisis.
- Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
• Pausing Our Data Plan: With so many people working and educating at home, we want our customers to access the internet without thinking about data plans. While the vast majority of our customers do not come close to using 1TB of data in a month, we are pausing our data plans for 60 days giving all customers Unlimited data for no additional charge.
• No Disconnects or Late Fees: We will not disconnect a customer’s internet service or assess late fees if they contact us and let us know that they can’t pay their bills during this period. Our care teams will be available to offer flexible payment options and can help find other solutions.
You may use this link to start the application process. Anyone may also qualify for Internet Essentials if:
- Your child is eligible for the National School Lunch Program
- You receive HUD housing assistance
- You are a low-income verified veteran
- You are eligible for public assistance programs such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others.
Take Free Classes with our Partners - Discover how to use the Internet and more with in-person classes right in your community.