Attendance and Transportation Information
School Hours 7:40am-2:25pm
Arrival (car riders)
7:15-7:30 Driving from Parkway drop off in front. Bus loop for
buses only until 7:30.
7:30-7:40 Driving from Parkway drop off in bus loop
7:20-7:40 Driving from Hwy 74 drop off in front
7:40 Be in class
*Parents & guests park in front lot. Please ring bell at front door to enter. Visit the main office upon entering to sign in and get a visitor's sticker.
2:15 Golf cart riders (student ID card), walkers & bikers
2:25 Buses depart
2:30 Car riders (student ID card & remain in cars in pick-up line)
- Reminder of student absence: When a student is absent, parents are to call the school office the morning of the absence or sooner. This measure serves the two purposes of notifying the office the student will not be present and to request make up work. The purpose of this procedure is to ensure that all students who have left home are accounted for at school.
- As an additional security measure all visitors must do the following: Enter Huddleston Elementary School through front doors only. All other doors will remain locked throughout the day. Students may still be dropped off at the bus loop. Remember that students are not to be dropped off before 7:15 AM.
- Classroom teachers mark students tardy if they are not in class by 7:40. If you bring your student to school after 7:40 you are to park, walk in the office and sign them in. Staff is not on duty to supervise students at the drop off areas after 7:40.
- Please enter through the front doors when you have school business after school had ended for the day. This includes ASP pickup, teacher conferences, homework pick up, as well as all clubs and organizations who meet after school hours on the Huddleston campus.
- Dismissal Procedures – Notify the office by phone or handwritten note of any transportation changes before 2:00. Only in an emergency and with administrative approval will changes be authorized after 2:00. Please do not send emails for transportation changes. Thank you for helping this very hectic time of day to be safely managed.
- Drop off time for students begins at 7:15. There are no adults to supervise prior to this time.
- Morning Car Riders Only: Cars may enter the bus loop to drop students off only after 7:30 when all buses have arrived. Before 7:30 cars must enter the front drive.
- Attendance: Thank you for realizing how important it is for our children to be present and in the classroom daily by 7:40. Students have responsibilities to attend to as soon as they arrive in the classroom, and our instructional day begins promptly at 7:40. If your child is absent, please send a note explaining the reason for the absence on the day he/she returns to school. Absences due to illness or a death in the family will be considered excused if a signed note is sent to the teacher. Please refer to your Fayette County Student Code of Conduct book for more specific information about our Fayette County attendance policies.