What is PBIS?
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS) is a research-based and data driven program that provides behavioral, emotional, and social supports for students. Preventative planning is done by staff members that focuses on student growth and success, as well as creating a nurturing environment for students.
Components of PBIS
- Clearly defined and explained positive behavior expectations (matrix).
- Behavioral expectations are taught to students and staff members throughout the year.
- Positive behaviors and promoted and acknowledged.
- Proactive correction of negative behaviors.
- Data is used to guide decision making for student supports and activities.