Getting to know RSMS
- One of the best ways to stay current with what is happening at RSMS is to subscribe to our email newsletter. Please sign up at MailerMailer.
- 8:10 a.m. to 3:10 p.m. Office opens from 7:40 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- Students should not be dropped off before supervision begins at 7:40 a.m.
- To excuse an absence, remember to send in a note within three days of an absence. To be considered “excused,” the absence must meet the criteria outlined on page 8 of the student agenda.
Car Rider Procedures
- Students must be dropped off and picked up in the circular drive anywhere along the sidewalk. Please pull forward as far as possible to allow more cars into the drop-off/pick-up zone at the same time.
- Do not drop students in the parking lot or at other schools in the complex.
- Golf cart riders use the cart corral for drop-off/pick-up. Middle school students are not allowed to drive golf carts to school.
- If you need to exit the parking lot during drop-off or pick-up times, make a right turn out of the parking lot and use the inner part of the circle drive to bypass the line and exit quickly. DO NOT MAKE A LEFT TURN out of the parking lot. While waiting to make the turn, no cars can get into the circle, thus slowing down the process.
- Please review the dress code on page 12 of the student agenda. The most common dress code issues relate to the length of shorts/skirts, leggings, and sleeveless tops. Shorts and skirts must be finger-tip length. If leggings are worn, whatever top is worn with them must be fingertip length. Sleeveless tops must cover the shoulders.
- No students will be called for early dismissal after 2:50 p.m. If you have an after-school appointment and need to pick up your child, please keep the 2:50 deadline in mind and plan accordingly.
Lost and Found:
- Lost and Found is located in the large wooden box near the cafeteria. Items left in Lost and Found are donated to charity quarterly.
- Students who feel ill at school should go to the clinic to see the nurse before texting or calling parents. If your child contacts you to say he/she is sick, please direct him/her to go to the clinic.