North Fayette Elementary School is home of the dolphins! Our dolphin mascot is named Echo, and our school colors are red, white, and blue. These colors are always a great way to show school spirit! Our school motto is, “Empowering learners to strive and thrive.”
North Fayette opened its doors in 1980 and has been servicing the community with great pride every year. North Fayette Elementary, in partnership with families and the community, strives to prepare students to be future ready.
We are also on the Georgia Department of Education's Title 1 Distinguished and Rewards Schools List since 2018 for making significant progress towards improved student achievement and/or in closing the achievement gap. Moreover, North Fayette is ranked on the US News Best Elementary Schools List.
Getting to know NFES
- Instructional hours are from 7:40 a.m. to 2:20 p.m. Office is open from 7:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Students should not be dropped off before supervision begins at 7:15 a.m.
- Tardy warning bell at 7:35
- Students are tardy if not in their rooms by 7:40 bell
- To excuse an absence, remember to send in a note within three days of an absence. To be considered “excused,” the absence must meet the criteria outlined on page 3 of the FCBOE Elementary Student Code of Conduct.
Car Rider Procedures
- Students must be dropped off and picked up in front of the building along the sidewalk. Please pull forward as far as possible to allow more cars into the drop-off/pick-up zone at the same time.
- Do not drop students in the parking lot.
- All parents are expected to display a North Fayette Car Rider card for student pick up. If not, you will be asked to park, enter the office, and show I.D. to the office staff before being allowed to pick up a child.
- Please review the dress code on page 12 of the FCBOE Elementary Student Code of Conduct.
- No students will be called for early dismissal after 2:00 p.m. If you have an after-school appointment and need to pick up your child, please keep the 2:00 deadline in mind and plan accordingly.
Lost and Found:
- Lost and Found is located in the cafeteria. Items left in Lost and Found are donated to charity monthly.
- Students who feel ill at school should go to the clinic to see the nurse. Please note that your child may not return to school until they have been free of fever or vomit for at least 24 hours. Refer to page 16 of the FCBOE Elementary Student Code of Conduct to view additional guidelines.
- If you have questions or concerns, here are some support people to contact to help you or direct you to the appropriate person: