SHMES Media Center
The mission of the Sara Harp Minter Elementary School Media Center is to nurture students’ love of reading, spark students’ curiosity, and develop life-long learners who effectively use and evaluate information. In addition, the media center supports the instructional curriculum and teacher instruction.
The media center here at Minter is open throughout the school day and operates on a flexible, open schedule, which means throughout the school day students can check out books on an as-needed basis. Teachers can schedule their students for library skill instruction, research, and book checkout. We want our media center instruction to connect to classroom activities and be an extension of the classroom.
- Library cards are issued to each student. Books may be checked out for two weeks.
- Number of books allowed for checkout
- Kindergarten students are allowed to check out one book at a time.
- First and second graders are allowed two books.
- All other grades may check out three books.
- A chapter book must be kept for 24 hours before returning it to the Media Center.