The mission of Bennett’s Mill Media Center is to teach students to be effective users of information and to encourage and prepare students to be life-long learners. This mission is accomplished by:
- providing instruction in information literacy
- providing access to informational materials in a variety of formats and media in a positive environment
- stimulating interest in reading and in finding and using information and ideas
- promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- collaborating with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to support curriculum objectives
- Media Center hours: 7:40 AM – 3:40 PM
- Media Center phone: 770-716-3982, ext. 236
- Students are allowed to come anytime during the day with a pass from the classroom teacher.
- With a pass from a classroom teacher or media staff, students may come to the media center before school and after school.
- Students may check out two books at a time for two weeks as long as they do not have an overdue book. A $.10 fine is charged each day a book is overdue.
- The cost of a book will be charged for any book that is lost or damaged beyond repair. A damage charge will be assessed by the media specialist when a book is damaged, but can be repaired.
- Media Center computers are available for card catalog search, project creation, or internet search for project research ONLY. Students may not use computers/internet to “surf the net”, to send personal e-mails, or to download any information other than that required for a school project.
- Parent volunteers are always welcome!
Destiny is Now Available Anywhere
Students may now access all of the functions of Destiny from anywhere they have Internet access. Use the link on the right-hand side of the page to find books available in the BMMS Media Center, reviews and information on specific titles, as well as links to research e-books, databases and useful websites. Now you can even get the Destiny app from Follett, which will allow you to check the libraries' holdings using your smartphone.
Destiny Quest Mobile App
You can access Destiny Quest from a mobile device via either the iPhone App store or Android Google Play store.
- Open the iPhone App store or Google Play store.
- In the search box, type “Destiny Quest”
- Select the Destiny Quest app
- Open Destiny Quest app
- At the “Connect to your Library” screen, type fcboe.follettdestiny.com
- Select Bennett’s Mill Middle School
- Your login ID is your IC # and your password is your first two letters of your last name plus your date of birth in mm/dd/year format.
- YOU ARE READY TO SEARCH FOR BOOKS :)