Bennett’s Mill Counseling Office provides counseling and assistance to students and parents.
Mrs. Edwards is Bennett’s Mill counselor for all 7th-grade students.
770-716-3982 ext. 231
- Western Kentucky University: B.S., Geology
- University of West Georgia: M.Ed., Guidance & Counseling
- Lincoln Memorial Univ: Ed.S. Curriculum & Instruction
Ms. Tucker is Bennett’s Mill counselor for all 6th-grade students.
770-716-3982 ext. 246
- Florida A & M University, B.A. in School Counseling
- Florida A & M University, M.Ed. in School Counseling
Mr. Siliski is Bennett’s Mill counselor for all 8th-grade students.
770-716-3982 ext. 230
- Duke University: B. A. in Sociology and Economics
- Regent University: M. A. in Counseling
New Student Registration Information
In order to better serve our students and families, the Fayette County School System provides centralized registration services for students grades K-12. Please call the Welcome Center for an appointment to register your child for school. Appointments may be made between 8:00 a.m. and 3:40 p.m. by calling 770-460-3990. Register early…walk-ins are taken only when time permits between or after appointments. After your appointment at the Welcome Center, please contact Bennett’s Mill Middle School at 770-716-3982 to set up an appointment at our school to complete your registration.
For more information or to view the list of documents required at registration, visit the Welcome Center website by clicking here.
Bronco Pathfinders at Bennett’s Mill Middle School are students who represent the school serving in many functions. The main responsibility of the Bronco Pathfinders is to help new students adjust in moving to a new school. Each new student is paired with a Bronco Pathfinder at the time of enrollment. Bronco Pathfinders help the new student find their classes and introduce them to new friends. New 6th grade Pathfinders are installed within the first month of each new school year and will be committed to the program for their entire middle school career. Please contact the Counseling Department for more details.
Rainbows is a grief and loss support group program for students, grade six through grade eight. If your child has experienced a life-changing event within the past year, then you may print a permission slip from the link below. This form should be brought to the student’s counselor. Students choosing to participate will meet once a week during a connections class during the designated time frame.
Peer Tutoring Applications
Career Fair is designed to expose our 8th graders to various career options. Parents and community volunteers are invited to come and tell about their line of work. Anyone interested in sharing their career with Fayette County’s middle school students on this day should send in the slip below to the BMMS Counseling Department by September 10, 2018.
Click here to download and print the form.
High School Freshman Orientation Dates and Times
To ease the transition to high school, the counselors at Bennett’s Mill Middle School coordinate with Fayette County High School to create opportunities for 8th graders to become informed about the high school registration process. Dates to be determined: please check back.
- 8th Grade classroom guidance sessions. Review of high school graduation requirements and establish a tentative four-year high school plan (Student Activity). Beginning Feb. 5, 2019
- Rising 9th Grade Parent Night at FCHS. Meet the FCHS Registrar and Lead Counselor. Learn how to use Infinite Campus to finalize course selections. March 14, 2019. 6:00 p.m. at FCHS.
- FCHS Electives Night at FCHS. Learn specifics about elective pathways before choosing electives. (Student and Parent Activity). March 14, 2019. 6:00 p.m. at FCHS.
- 9th Grade Course selection review with high school counselors at BMMS. (Student Activity)
5th Grade Transition
To ease the transition from elementary school to middle school, the counselors at Bennett’s Mill Middle School offer 5th graders an opportunity to meet the administrators and counselors, to tour the school, and have their questions answered by current 6th-grade students. May 2019.
Children at Risk in Education Workshop Series
C.A.R.E. (Children at Risk in Education) Workshop Series for Parents and Educators will be held at the LEC Media Center, Building A. Register through the FCBOE website. Workshop dates TBD.
S.T.E.P. (Systematic Training for Effective Parenting)
Create a satisfying, productive relationship with your child through S.T.E.P. This is a great resource for parents of children experiencing discipline difficulties. Annual measurements reveal wonderful results. Register through the FCBOE website and attend a 7-week parenting workshop and learn:
- How to listen and talk to your child
- How to better understand your child’s behavior.
- Strategies to help your child learn to be responsible for his/her behavior
- Click here to view the STEP flyer for Fall. Click here for view the STEP flyer for Winter.
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
If you are a grandparent who made a life-changing decision to raise a child, then you don’t have to face the challenge alone. Grandparents Raising Grandchildren provides a forum where caregivers can openly discuss issues and problems they are experiencing or share the progress made within their families. Grandparents who are parenting their grandchildren can also receive assistance and information to address a variety of issues. For more information about the local support group bi-monthly meetings, contact:
Betty Davis, LMSW at (770) 487-9802 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org