Dr. Amanda White – Media Specialist
Andi Williams – Media Paraprofessional
- Access our Media Center Catalog and Much More
- Book Fair: Come visit our fair!
The mission of the Peachtree City Elementary School Media Center is to teach students to be effective users of information and to encourage and prepare students to be life-long learners.
This mission is accomplished by:
- Providing access to informational materials in a variety of formats and media in a positive environment
- Stimulating interest in reading and in finding and using information and ideas
- Promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- Collaborating with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to support curriculum objectives.
Rules and Guidelines
- Kindergarten students check out one book at a time. Other students may check out two books at a time.
- Books are checked out for 2 weeks. Students may renew a book one time if more time is needed. Students must bring the book to the media center to have it scanned in order to renew a book.
- We will send overdue notices periodically as a reminder; however, we do not charge overdue fines.
- Students will be expected to pay for lost or severely damaged books. Replacement books are not acceptable if a student loses or damages a library book. If the lost book is found and returned within the same school year, a refund will be issued.
- Students may visit the media center individually at any time with teacher permission. Teachers may also sign up for a time to visit the media center with their entire class.