Advanced Placement Overview
Starr's Mill High School is pleased to offer 23 Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Parents and students are encouraged to educate themselves on the classes available and the teachers' expectations. Each AP course is taught at the college level, offering the opportunity for willing and motivated students to challenge themselves. Starr's Mill High School has also been recognized by College Board for the following awards:
- Advanced Placement MERIT School
- Advanced Placement STEM School
- Advanced Placement STEM Achievement School
- Advanced Placement Humanities School
Why take AP?
Earn College Credit and Advanced Placement
- Receive recognition from more than 3,600 colleges and universities that annually receive AP Exam scores. Over 90% of 4-year colleges in the US provide credit and/or advanced placement for qualifying scores
- Have time to move into upper-level courses in your field of interest, pursue a double major, or study abroad.
- Design a college experience that suits you and gives you the flexibility to get the most out of your college years
Stand Out in the College Admissions Process
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
- Show your willingness to take the most rigorous courses available to you.
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
Gain Skills that Will Help You Succeed in College
- Get a head start on college-level work.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
- Be part of a community of students and educators who are passionate, curious, and committed to academic excellence.
- Engage in intense discussions, solve problems collaboratively, and learn to write clearly and persuasively.