2022 – 2023 Parking Procedures
Parking on the McIntosh campus is a privilege and not a right. That privilege may be revoked at any time at the discretion of the school administration. Parking spaces are very limited so please be aware that failure to follow procedures may result in the revocations of your parking privileges.
Students must comply with all standard driving regulations and the following:
- Permits will be sold only to eligible, licensed students.
- In order to park on the MHS campus, students must have a valid MHS parking permit attached to the lower left hand corner of their windshield.
- Parking permits must be attached with the adhesive on the sticker--no tape or cellophane may be used. Any permit that is taped or has cellophane on it may be revoked.
- Permits may not be transferred under any circumstance, including from person to person, from car-to-golf cart, or from golf cart-to-car. Violations of this regulation will result in loss of the permit for the year.
- If a student is expelled from MHS or withdrawn for any reason, her/his parking permit will be revoked without refund, and neither the student nor any representation of that student may sell or transfer the permit to any other person.
- Parking regulations are in effect 24 hours a day. Parking permits are required during the school day.
- For the safety of all students, a speed limit of ten (10) mph will be enforced in the car parking lot and a five (5) mph speed limit will be enforced in the golf cart parking area. Reckless driving may result in the loss of the parking permit.
- Students should lock their vehicles, remove all valuables and personal items, and enter the school promptly after parking. No loitering in cars, golf cats, or the parking lot is permitted.
- Students are not permitted to go to their vehicles during school hours without the permission of an administrator.
- All vehicles parked on campus are subject to being searched.
- No person has the right to block another person's vehicle.
- Any student who leaves campus without permission will forfeit her/his parking permit and its privileges for 15 school days. A second offense will result in the loss of the permit for 30 school days. A third offense will result in the loss of the permit for the remainder of the school year, and there will be no refund of permit fees.
- Students may not park anywhere on campus other than in a designated parking area. Parking is on a first come, first served basis; there are no reserved spaces.
- Cars/golf carts parked in unauthorized areas or without parking permits are subject to being towed at the owner’s expense.
- Students may not display on their vehicles signs, flags, stickers, etc. which are inflammatory or degrading to a particular race, creed, or culture, suggest profanity, or advertise tobacco, drugs, or alcohol.
- Golf carts must be moved from the golf cart parking lot adjacent to the stadium within 30 minutes of the end of the school day.
- Car Permits - $60, Golf Cart Permits - $40
- In order to be eligible, students must not have any outstanding obligations and must be in good standing.
- Students must present a valid Driver’s License
- Students must complete a registration form.
- Parking Permits will be sold on a first-come first-served basis.
- Car parking permits are for Senior and Junior students only.
Sophomores and Freshmen may only purchase a golf cart permit.
- In order to be eligible, students must not have any outstanding obligations
- Students must present a valid Georgia Learners Permit
- Students must complete a registration form
Please use the following listed schedule in order to reserve a permit for the 2022-2023 school year. Failure to follow the schedule may result in your reservation being invalidated.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- May 9: Rising Seniors may begin reserving a car permit
- May 16: Rising juniors may begin to reserve a car permit
- May 23: Rising freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors may begin to reserve golf cart permits
- June 1: Payments due for parking permits; check or cash
Students must be logged into their FCBOE student Google account in order to access the parking reservation forms. Once the reservation has been verified, students will receive an email with the information to complete their purchase. Reservations for car and golf cart permits will close on May 27, 4:00 PM, and all payments must be made by June 1, 2:30 PM to the front office. Payments can be made with cash. Any remaining permits will be sold during student orientation and the first week of the 2022-2023 school year.