Curriculum & Eighth Grade Transition
High School Curriculum InformationAs a part of a student's Academic Plan and in order to graduate from high school, a student must complete four units of credit in English Language Arts, four units of credit in Mathematics, four units of credit in Science, three units of credit in Social Studies, one unit of credit in Personal Fitness and Health, a total of three units of credit in World Languages, Career Technical, or Fine Arts, and four more units of Elective credit.
Important Registration Information for Current 9th, 10th, and 11th Graders
Eighth Grade TransitionWelcome to McIntosh High School! We are looking forward to having your eighth-grade student at McIntosh High School next year!Academic Plan/Individual Graduation Plan for a 9th grader
- February 6: Registration & Electives Presentation
- February 7-9: Classroom advisement with HS counselors - Course Registration Instructions
- February 13-March 10: Individual advisement with HS counselors
Important Registration Information for Current 8th Graders
Course Waiver Request FormIf you wish to change a recommended course (Math, Science, and/or 9th or 10th grade Gifted) that is listed in your child's Infinite Campus portal under their Academic Plan, you will need to complete an Instructional Course Waiver form. Please request this form from your child's current school counselor. The fillable electronic form will be assigned through the Infinite Campus parent portal by your child's counselor. Once assigned, you will find the form in your Infinite Campus notifications and/or Documents. Please CLICK HERE for instructions on how to access and sign parent portal documents.
- February 6-10: Classroom advisement with MS counselors
- February 27 - March 8: Individual advisement with MS counselors - Course Registration Instructions
- March 13-16 - HS counselors will meet with 8th graders to finalize registration at JCBMS