International Skills Diploma Seal
What are the requirements for the International Skills Diploma Seal?
- Coursework in the following areas (8 credits total)
- World Languages
- at least three credits in the same world language and/or ESOL
- International Focus Courses
- at least four credits in courses determined to have an international focus, such as international economics, world/non—U.S. history, world geography, etc.
- At least four extracurricular activities and experiences with global themes and/or in global contexts (e.g. exchange programs, international and language clubs, travel abroad)
- Twenty hours of community service involving a global/cross-cultural public service project
- Capstone presentation on the knowledge gained in the courses and activities listed above.
Students who plan on travel can use the following documents for guidance on the minimum qualifications:
If you believe you qualify, complete the ISDS Application below or through the link by TBD.
You will be notified if your application is accepted by TBD
If you are selected as a potential candidate, review the ISDS Presentation Rubric and submit your presentation to the Google Classroom linked below by TBD
Students who are completing service hours or extracurricular activities must have a plan for completing these and have all work done by TBD
ISDS Capstone Requirements:
All presentations must address the following components:
- How has coursework helped you develop cross-cultural skills and knowledge?
- Review your extracurricular activities and their effect on your cultural development.
- Review your completed community service project(s) and how these have fostered cross cultural competency and understanding.
- What have you gained from the entire course of study? How will these skills assist you in the future?
Presentations can be in any format, but must be between 8 minutes and 10 minutes in length.
Students will need to first join the class using the following code: ie792wl.