Curriculum & Eighth Grade Transition
High School Curriculum InformationAs a part of a student's Academic Plan and in order to graduate from high school, a student must complete four units of credit in English Language Arts, four units of credit in Mathematics, four units of credit in Science, three units of credit in Social Studies, one unit of credit in Personal Fitness and Health, a total of three units of credit in World Languages, Career Technical, or Fine Arts, and four more units of Elective credit.
Important Registration Information for Current 9th, 10th, and 11th Graders
Eighth Grade TransitionWelcome to McIntosh High School! We are looking forward to having your eighth-grade student at McIntosh High School next year!Academic Plan/Individual Graduation Plan for a 9th grader
- February 1 - Registration & Electives Information Video
- February 2-4 - Lunch & Learns with HS Counselors (all lunches)
- February 7-11 - Classroom advisement with HS Counselors - Course Registration Instructions
- February 21 - March 10 - Individual advisement with HS Counselors
Important Registration Information for Current 8th Graders
Course Waiver Request FormIf you wish to change a recommended course (Math, Science, and/or 9th or 10th grade Gifted) that is listed in your child's Infinite Campus portal under their Academic Plan, you will need to complete a Course Waiver Request form by April 29th. You will need to submit this electronic form for each course waiver that you would like to request for your child.
- February 1-4 - Zoom with HS elective classes during 8th grade Literacy
- February 7-11 - Classroom and individual advisement with MS counselors - Course Registration Instructions
- March 16-18 - HS counselors will meet with 8th graders to finalize registration at JCBMS