Flat Rock Promotes Healthy Living!
Purpose: To provide students with the knowledge, skills and concepts related to health and wellness. We encourage our students to be healthy individuals who possess the ability to recognize unhealthy or dangerous situations and respond with appropriate behaviors. We want our students to understand that every decision is a health decision in some way.
Units of study:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Communicable and Chronic Disease Community,
- Consumer & Environmental Health
- Human Growth and Development (with parental consent)
- Mental, Emotional, Family & Social Health
- Nutrition & Fitness
- Personal Health & Hygiene
- Safety & First Aid