School Health Services Department Overview
The School Health Services Program supports and enhances educational success by improving and protecting the health status of students through prevention, maintenance and education.
Did You Know?
- Each Clinic cares for 25-100 students per day with illnesses, chronic health conditions, and injuries.
- Each day, 25-40 students receive medication at each school clinic.
- During the 2022-23 school year, the School Nurses:
- Cared for 140,530 students and staff
- Assisted 36,517 students with medication
- Performed 34,418 special procedures (such as blood sugar checks, respiratory treatments, catheterizations, tube feedings, etc.).
- Fayette County has 25 school clinics.
School Health Services Department
770.460.3990 Extension 1135