School Health Services Department Overview
The School Health Services Program supports and enhances educational success by improving and protecting the health status of students through prevention, maintenance and education.
Did You Know?
- Each Clinic cares for 25-100 students per day with illnesses, chronic health conditions and injuries.
- Each day 25-40 students receive medications at each school clinic.
- During the 2018-2019 school year, the School Nurses:
- Cared for 146,455 students and staff
- Assisted 39,498 students with medications
- Performed 41,210 special procedures (such as blood sugar checks, respiratory treatments, catheterizations, tube feedings, etc.).
- Fayette County has 25 school clinics
School Health Services Clinics
25 Schools with Clinics
- 14 Elementary
- 5 Middle Schools
- 5 High Schools
- 1 Non-Traditional (Alternative, Mainstay Academy, Open Campus)