Student Enrollment Procedures
To enroll students in the Fayette County School System in Fayette County, Georgia, online registration must be completed.
Note: To enroll in Fayette County Schools, the student’s parent or legal guardian AND the student must be a full-time resident of Fayette County, Georgia.
(Please Note: Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10+ are currently not supported.)
Fayette County Schools Enrollment Information:
Once the enrollment form is submitted, copies of required documents located at the bottom of this page need to be taken to the Enrollment/Records Center. At that time the Enrollment/Records Center will verify the documents and issue a receipt to be taken to the school for class placement. Enrollment is NOT complete until the parent or legal guardian goes to the Enrollment/Records Center (located at 205 Lafayette Avenue, Fayetteville, GA 30214) and gets the receipt needed for school.
*To enroll in Fayette County Schools, the student’s parent or legal guardian AND the student must be a full-time resident of Fayette County, Georgia.
Documents that will be requested when enrolling students:
- Proof of Residency
Current residential property tax statement. If property has closed within the last year, the signed closing settlement statements will suffice.
Current signed lease or rental agreement with term dates and listing of all occupants. Month to month leases are not accepted.
- Current electric bill or initiation of electric service with name and service location and proof of identification.
- Student’s Birth Certificate: The school system requires evidence of the student’s date of birth and accepts as evidence a birth certificate or an alternate document from the prioritized list in the state enrollment rule (JBC 160-5-1-.28).
- Social Security Number: The school system complies with the provisions of O.C.G.A. § 20-2-150, which requires a person enrolling the student to provide a copy of the student’s social security number or to sign a form stating that the person does not wish to provide the social security number.
- Academic Transcript and Discipline Record from previous school
- Documentation for Homeless Students: Homeless students, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Act, shall be enrolled immediately with full participation in school activities, regardless of whether required documentation can be provided at the time of enrollment. The designated employee responsible for care of homeless students shall assist the person enrolling the homeless student or the unaccompanied youth in acquiring the necessary documents for enrollment in accordance with the requirements of the state enrollment rule and the Act.
- Immunization certificate: The school system requires proof of immunization as required by O.C.G.A. § 20-2-771, which includes an exemption for religious grounds and provisions for a temporary waiver (may be enrolled provisionally without certificate but will need to provide this documentation within thirty (30) days).
- Certificate of Ear, Eye and Dental Examination: Current and completed Georgia State form 3300 (may be enrolled provisionally without certificate but will need to provide this documentation within thirty (30) days).
- Photo ID of person registering student.
- Entering kindergarten (K) and first (1st) grade: According to Georgia Law, children must be five (5) years old by September 1 in order to enroll in kindergarten and six (6) years old by September 1 to enroll in first grade.
- Entering first (1st) through twelfth (12th) grade: Please bring a copy of your child’s transcript to include grades and test scores. If registration is after school starts, please bring a withdrawal form from the previous school.
Fayette County Schools, in its enrollment procedures, requirements and process does not and will not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, or immigration status.
Questions? Call 770-460-3990 or visit the Enrollment/Records Center page for office hours and directions.
Please note: Enrollment/Records Center hours are subject to change. Check the Enrollment/Records Center page for office hours prior to coming to the Center.