To Change Your Address for Fayette County Schools:

  • You and your student must both reside at the same address before we can process an address change

    You may email all of your documents as attachments in one email, to


    you may mail your documents to 205 LaFayette Avenue, Fayetteville, GA 30214


    you may schedule an appointment to bring in your documentation. Click here to schedule an appointment with the Enrollment Center.


    1. Homeowner Requirements: Provide current residential property tax statement
      If the property has closed within the last year, you must use the signed closing Settlement Statement (received from your attorney during closing), or Disclosure Statement or where you filed for your Homestead Exception. We do not accept the Warranty Deed or Mortgage Statement. (If you do not own a home in Fayette County but are living with someone who does, both parties will need to come to the Enrollment Center to sign an affidavit and we will need the property owner’s current property tax, the electric bill, and picture ID.)

      Renter Requirements: Provide current complete lease or rental agreement with term dates, all occupants listed, and signatures of tenant and landlord. Month-to-month leases are not accepted. (If you are living with someone but the lease is not in your name, your name and the name of the students must be listed as occupants on the lease/rental agreement. A letter from the landlord/mobile home park stating that they are aware that you and your students are living there will suffice.)

    2. Current Electric Bill or Initiation of Electric service with name & service locationWe DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OTHER BILLS

    3. Picture ID of parent/guardian of the student

    Once you have sent in all of the requirements, we can change the address. If your address changes your student's school zone and you want them to stay at the old school, you may request special permission from the Student Transfer Department at 770-716-1209 X221. Please be aware that transportation is not provided for special permission. If you are changing schools, please withdraw from the old school so a new enrollment line can be input for the new school. It takes 24 hours after we process an address change for the Transportation Department to see it in their system, so you may have to provide transportation until this occurs. The school can see it right away, so you can call them for a bus pass for the new address.