Welcome to WMS Volleyball
** Parents: There will be a meeting on Wednesday, Aug. 18, at 5 p.m. in the WMS gym **
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2021 teams!
8th grade team:Jayci BondKendall CogleySamantha JonesMatilde KofoedReagan MaddoxMaci MillsKristina MuhyeeAnika OlsenChloe SaylerRylee Vessell
7th Grade Team:Alaina AlbertsLailah BrownLaney CrawfordElsie FanningEvangelie HigmanLilly HunterIda LetteAnna MoranKaydence SowersCourtnie ThomasAida Lynn ThompsonPlease see Coach Waller in her office if you don't already have a locker in the locker room. If you are interested in being a manager, don't forget to email the coaches (links above).
This season's schedule
DATE OPPONENT Aug 26-Thurs at Bennett's Mill Aug 31-Tues vs. Flat Rock Sep 2-Thurs at Booth Sep 9-Thurs at Rising Starr Sep 16-Thurs vs. Bennett's Mill Sep 21-Tues at Flat Rock Sep 23-Thurs vs. Booth Sep 27-Mon vs. Rising Starr Sep 30-Thurs Tournament @ TBD
General team information
- Practice is mandatory and held every day after school until 5 p.m.
- Season runs from the beginning of school through the first week of October
- Matches start at 5 p.m.; 7th grade plays first, followed by 8th grade.
- 7th graders: if you can't stay on your assigned day for the 8th grade match, please switch with someone.
- Parents: make sure your daughter has a ride home from away games; the bus will not stay.
- Matches are "rally scoring format", which means the best two out of three games (to 25 points). Third game is the first to 15 points.
- There are eight regular-season games and a one-day tournament at the end of the season to determine the county champion (8th grade only - more info to follow).
- Dues are $125 and include:
- Athletic fee
- T-shirt and socks
- Uniforms are distributed as athletic fees are received
- All athletes are REQUIRED to:
- Have a current physical on file, which includes three additional forms that are not part of the physician-required pages and must be complete before a student can tryout (forms can be found here);
- Have passed/received credit for all five academic classes in the prior Spring semester; and
- Be a rising 7th or 8th grader.
- It is NOT a guarantee that a student that has played on a 7th grade team will automatically make the 8th grade team.
Local clubs can improve your skills outside of the school season. Check out the following links to get started!