Welcome to WMS Volleyball
7th grade coach: Rachel Burrows
8th grade coach: Natalie Waller
Calendar can be found here.
General team information
- Practice is mandatory and held every day after school until 5 p.m.
- Season runs from the beginning of school through the first week of October
- Matches are on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5 p.m.; 7th grade plays first, followed by 8th grade
- Matches are "rally scoring format", which means the best two out of three games (to 25 points). Third game is the first to 15 points.
- There are eight regular-season games (one home match and one away match vs. each Fayette County Middle School) and a one-day tournament at the end of the season to determine the county champion (8th grade only).
- Dues include:
- Athletic fee
- T-shirt and socks
- Uniforms are distributed as athletic fees are received
- All athletes are REQUIRED to:
- Have a current physical on file, which includes three additional forms that are not part of the physician-required pages and must be complete before a student can tryout (forms can be found here);
- Have passed/received credit for all five academic classes in the prior Spring semester; and
- Be a rising 7th or 8th grader.
- It is NOT a guarantee that a student that has played on a 7th grade team will automatically make the 8th grade team.
Local clubs can improve your skills outside of the school season. Check out the following links to get started!