Important information regarding the distribution of Chromebooks
In order to support a more personalized approach to learning, Fayette County Schools provides devices to elementary, middle and high school students. Like a textbook, the device is a resource to support learning. Students with devices are required to follow the guidelines contained within the WMS Chromebook Handbook (found here), as well as all school, classroom, and School District policies and procedures regarding behavior and technology use.
A few things to remember are:
- Parents and students must sign and return the Chromebook agreement, which can be found here.
- Devices are to be returned at the end of the school year unless otherwise communicated by the school.
- Students who transfer, withdraw, are expelled or terminate enrollment at the school for any reason must return their device on the date of withdrawal/termination.
- Students who are new to our school or have transferred from another Fayette County school will need to return a signed consent form in order to receive a device. Students who are not assigned a personal device will have access to a school-owned device to be used only at school.
- All district-issued devices are the property of the Fayette County Public School District. If a device is damaged, lost or stolen during the time that it is issued to the student, whether intentionally or due to negligence, the student and the student's parent/guardian will be responsible for paying the fines outlined in the the agreement.
- All users of district-issued devices must follow the expectations outlined in the policy, which can be found here on the FCBOE website.
We are no longer a BYOT school. Every student is expected to use a school device for work during the school day.
Click here for the complete handbook.