The Sandy Creek Hall of Fame has been established to recognize and showcase outstanding graduates, dedicated staff, and committed community contributors as part of our efforts to promote excellence and achievement for learners of Sandy Creek High School in Fayette County, Georgia.
The Hall of Fame was organized for the purpose of maintaining the rich heritage and tradition of the successful academic, arts, and athletic programs of Sandy Creek High School. The Hall of Fame will serve as a means of honoring our distinguished alumni, as well as other individuals, who made significant contributions to the programs at Sandy Creek.
- Nominations will be accepted for the Hall of Fame, Class of 2020, until November 1, 2019.
- Nominees must exemplify high standards of ethical conduct and moral character. All candidates will be judged on their significant and/or long-term contributions, and any inductee may be either living or deceased. In order to maintain the integrity of the Hall of Fame, a nominee must meet the criteria in one of the following categories.
Criteria to be Considered for Alumni
- Athletic Achievement: Any former Sandy Creek High School athlete who distinguished himself/herself in the field of athletics and lettered in a varsity sport. He/She must be a graduate and out of school for at least ten (10) years. Each nominee must be, or have been, a credit to his/her family, country, and the Fayette County community.
- Professional and Humanitarian Achievement: Any former Sandy Creek High School student who distinguished himself/herself with excellence and acknowledged leadership in his/her chosen field of endeavor (to include performing arts, entrepreneurship, and military service). He/She must be a graduate and out of Sandy Creek High School for at least ten (10) years. Nominees must be, or have been, a credit to his/her family, community, and country. The inductee may be either living or deceased.
Criteria to be Considered for Educator
- Administrators, Coaches, Teachers: A nominee must have been an administrator, coach, or teacher at Sandy Creek High School for a minimum of five (5) consecutive years and must have distinguished himself/herself by demonstrating exceptional leadership, character, and achievement during his/her tenure at Sandy Creek. The inductee must be retired or inactive from SCHS to be eligible for consideration.
Criteria to be Considered for Contributor
- Any person who has been a loyal, devoted, and consistent supporter of Sandy Creek High School’s academic, arts, and athletic programs for a minimum of five (5) consecutive years. This category may include support staff, event workers, booster club officers, and community partners.
Selection of Inductees
- The selection committee is chosen from the Hall of Fame Executive Committee, which includes members of the current administration, staff, alumni association, and parent-teacher organization, as well as retired educators and other community members.