Advanced Placement at Sandy Creek High School
Sandy Creek High School is pleased to offer seventeen Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Parents and students are encouraged to educate themselves on the classes available and the teachers' expectations. Each AP course is taught at the college level, offering the opportunity for willing and motivated students to challenge themselves.
Applying for Advanced Placement Classes:
If you missed AP Night at Sandy Creek, please review this presentation.
STEP 2: Application Form
Be sure to submit one application for each AP course. The application deadline is Monday, January 22, at 8:00 P.M.
Why take AP Classes?
Earn College Credit and Advanced Placement
- Receive recognition from more than 3,600 colleges and universities that annually recieve AP Exam scores. Over 90% of 4-year colleges in the US provide credit and/or advanced placement for qualifying scores
- Have time to move into upper-level courses in your field of interest, pursue a double major, or study abroad.
- Design a college experience that suits you and gives you the flexibility to get the most out of your college years
Stand Out in the College Admissions Process
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
- Show your willingness to take the most rigorous courses available to you.
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
Gain Skills that Will Help You Succeed in College
- Get a head start on college-level work.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigourous course work in a supportive high school environment.
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
- Be part of a community of students and educators who are passionate, curious, and committed to academic excellence.
- Engage in intense discussions, solve problems collaboratively, and learn to write clearly and persuasively.