Welcome to the Sandy Creek Counselors' Page
We are happy that you are taking your time to review our site. We hope that you will find helpful information here. Please also note that we have a Facebook page that is updated on a more frequent basis than this site. Be sure to check it out as time allows. https://www.facebook.com/sandycreekcounselors
In order to succeed in school most students need to put forth their best effort consistently. This includes but is not limited to:
- Regular attendance
- Being punctual
- Bringing school materials to class consistently (including charged Chromebooks and the accessories that go with the Chromebook)
- Listening to and following staff members' directions
- Paying attention in class and taking notes
- Turning in completed homework on time
- Reviewing their class notes daily
Students also need to have their basic needs met. These include but are not limited to:
- Enough nutritious food to eat
- Enough uninterrupted sleep (Most teens need between 8-10 hours of sleep nightly according to the National Sleep Foundation)
- Encouragement when they struggle
- Appropriate discipline when they are not fulfilling their obligations in earning their education
- To be told frequently that they are loved and valued
- To be reminded that learning is work and sometimes work is hard
- Having to work hard is not an acceptable reason to give up and quit
School counselors understand that there are times when what students need in order to succeed in school is not always readily accessible to them. When students require help in meeting these essential needs, school counselors work to help. Parents and legal guardians are encouraged to contact their child's school counselor via the counselor's email address if any concerns or questions arise. Counselors work hard to answer e-mails within a 24-hour time period except for weekends, holidays and summer break.
Professional School Counselor Staff
Students are assigned to certified professional school counselors by the student's last name. Please work with the school counselor assigned to you.
A-D Ms. Ann Garbutt firstname.lastname@example.org
E-J Mrs. Vivian Dunn email@example.com
K-Rd Dr. Beverly Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Re-Z Ms. Sharon Barrow email@example.com
The Creek Counseling Department is also home to an administrative assistant and a graduation assistant.
Mrs. Marci Foster Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org (Student records and other tasks)
Ms. Wendy Dossie Graduation Assistant email@example.com (Facilitates credit recovery classes utilizing the Edgenuity program - Students must see their assigned counselor to enroll in any credit recovery class.)
Dual Enrollment Student/Parent Information Mandatory Meetings
All meetings mandated for students to be eligible to participate in Dual Enrollment for the 2019-20 year have ended.
Advanced Placement (AP) Information Night
The meeting was held in January for students who were enrolled at Sandy Creek during the 2018-19 year.
Students who transfer into SCHS after the 2018-19 school year who have an interest in taking an AP class should contact their school counselor.
- School Code for SAT/ACT: 113052
- SCHS Profile (PDF)