Welcome to our 9th Grade web page!
- 9th grade presentation-How High School Works
- 8th Grade Parent Night Presentation
- 2019-2020 Elective Classes
- Fayette County Math Sequence Offerings
- Freshman Transition Camp 2019
Drop/Add is May 13-17. Schedule changes can be requested May 13-17, at 4:00 PM. To request a schedule change, please email your counselor. Final schedules for the 2019-2020 school year will be mailed with report cards.
Parents: Blackboard and Infinite Campus are tools that you can utilize every day to make sure your student is on track and keeping up with assignments, teacher updates and specific projects throughout the month. Please make sure you have set up your parent portal to have access to this information.
High School Graduation Requirements
High School Graduation Rule from GA Department of Education for students entering 9th grade in 2008 - 2009 or later. A total of 23 total units is required for all students:
- 4 Units of English Language Arts (9th English, World Lit, American Lit, British Lit)
- 4 Units of Mathematics (Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, 4th Math)
- 4 Units of Science (Biology, Physical Science or Physics, Third Science, Fourth Science)
- 3 units of Social Studies (World History, US History, American Govt .5, Economics .5)
- 1 unit of Health and Personal Fitness (3 units of JROTC may be used to meet the requirement)
- A total of 3 units required from: CTAE and/or Foreign Language and/or Fine Arts (Students planning to enter or transfer into a University System of Georgia institution must take two units of the same foreign language)
- 4 additional elective units for all students
Grade Level Promotion and Progression / Mid-Year Promotions
- 9th Grade to 10th Grade earn 5.5 Units/ 9thGrade to 10th Grade earn 8.5 Units
- 10th Grade to 11th Grade earn 11.5 Units/ 10th Grade to 11th Grade earn 14 Units
- 11th Grade to 12th Grade earn 17 Units/ 11th Grade to 12th Grade earn 20 units
- Click here to browse careers by keyword, industry, or by what you like to do.
- Click here to view information on Georgia's Hot Careers.
- Click here to view an article on high-paying trade jobs.
- Click here for exploring careers step-by-step article.
Planning for High School and Beyond