Career Clusters and Pathways at SCHS
Georgia's Career Cluster/Pathways provide a structure for organizing and delivering quality Career, Technical and Agricultural Education (CTAE) programs. Career Clusters serve as framework to provide essential knowledge and skills for the students' defined career pathways. Career Clusters serve as a tool for a seamless educational system that:
- Blends rigorous academic/technical preparation.
- Allows students to discover their interests and passions, empowering them to choose the educational pathway that will lead to success in high school, college, and ultimately, the student's career.
- Provides career development.
- Offers options for students to experience all aspects of a business or industry.
- Facilitates/assists students and educators with ongoing transitions into post secondary opportunities.
Career Pathways are sub-groupings of occupations and career specialties used as an organizing tool for curriculum design and instruction. They focus on easing and facilitating student transition from high school to work, technical college, or a traditional college.
The Career Pathways concept provides focus and a personal plan for students that involve parents, counselors and teachers in the process. Provisions for work-based learning experiences are easily put in place as sites for apprenticeships, co-ops, job shadowing, internships and mentoring are articulated with appropriate Career Pathways.
The commitment to complete the Career Pathways requirements is never binding and can always be changed. The goal is not to require high school students to choose a major course of study as a college student would, but to begin to think, to study, to plan, and to set goals for the future and the career that awaits them.
Download this PDF to view a listing of available career pathways at Sandy Creek High School: 2019-20 SCHS Pathways