Students are encouraged to visit potential colleges and universities in the summer or during schools breaks. However, if a junior or senior wishes to utilize a college visit (2 per year) they must fill out the college visit form and follow proper procedure for it to count as a field trip in attendance
Students attendance will show as an unexcused absence until the student turns in the college visit form signed by a college official to the attendance office. This form should be the second form that they receive from guidance.
- College visit forms come in two sections and can be obtained in the Guidance Office and must be obtained 3 days in advance of a scheduled visit.
- The first form must be taken around and signed by all the students’ teachers and parents and returned to guidance.
- When the first form is returned, the student will receive the second form that they must take to the college and fill out. This form must be signed by a college official and turned into attendance when the student returns to school.
- All junior (11th grade) college visits must be completed prior to April 1 of the student’s junior year.
- All senior (12th grade) visits must be completed prior to April 30th of the student’s senior year.