School Counseling Program Mission Statement:
The mission of the Fayette County High School counseling department is to provide a comprehensive program that will empower all students in our diverse community to achievement academic, career, and personal/social success in order to become responsible citizens.
The FCHS Counseling Office is available to students to help plan an individual course of study, to help resolve conflicts or personal problems and to explore career opportunities and choices. Students may see a counselor by completing the counselor's sign-up form in the Counseling Office before school, after school or between classes. Students may also come during class if they get a pass from their teacher.
Parent conferences with guidance staff and faculty members may be scheduled by calling the student’s assigned counselor.
Counselors are assigned alphabetically by student's last name as follows:
Counseling Office Activities:
- Senior Advisement (Classroom Guidance)
- Junior Advisement (Classroom Guidance)
- Sophomore Advisement (Classroom Guidance)
- Freshman Advisement (Classroom Guidance)
- Junior/Senior Parent Night
- Freshman Parent Night
- Individual registration for all students
- Individual Counselor
- Mediation/Conflict Resolution
- C.A.R.E. Team
- Teens to Tweens Mentoring
- Amigos Mentoring