What are some key attributes of Effective Communicators?
- Proficient writers and public speakers
- Competent in listening and respectful discourse
- Skilled in using digital communication tools
- Able to communicate in diverse environments
How will we help grow Effective Communicators?
- Promote building positive relationships with others and effective use of interpersonal skills
- Encourage use of words, data and visual tools to clearly and effectively communicate complex ideas
- Hone skills to evaluate the accuracy, perspective, credibility and relevance of information, media, data or other resources
- Support skill development for effective communications in diverse environments
- Establish ability to customize the message and medium to most effectively reach the intended audience
Sources: Future Ready Schools; EdLeader21; ISTE Standards