Return to Headlines

Announcement from GADOE on school meal program

Public Announcement from GADOE:


Parents and Families of Fayette County Schools,

As you are aware, schools have been able to offer breakfast and lunch at no charge to students during the last two school years. This was made possible thanks to the generous support of the U.S. Department of Agriculture reimbursing schools for meals served to students, regardless of their income.

For the school year 2022-2023, Fayette County Public Schools Nutrition Department is requesting all families to complete and submit a Free and Reduced Meal Application by August 4th, 2022 if you believe your student(s) are eligible. The application can be completed online by visiting 

For information about Fayette County’s School Nutrition Program, please contact Joshua Mosley, Free and Reduced Lead Manager, at or by calling 770-460-3535 ext.1061.

The entire staff at Fayette County Public Schools is looking forward to supporting your child in the coming school year.




In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online here:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.


Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: 

U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442 or

(3) Email: 

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Posted 5/12/2022