Student Services encompasses a wide variety of departments and programs designed to meet students' needs:
- Foreign Exchange Students – Board policy is in place and an application packet must be submitted at least 30 days prior to school starting. ( @: July 1st) Student will be on a J-1 Visa through their exchange program.
- Homebound Services (3 teachers for county) – Instruction will be set up for 3 hours per week at the LaFayette Educational Center (LEC).
- Homeless Liaison – Contact school counselor for assistance.
- Migrant Education – Contact school counselor for assistance.
- Psychologists – Thirteen psychologists and one coordinator handle psychological testing for the county.
- Records & Transcripts – Permanent and non-permanent records are maintained per state retention laws.
- Residency Verifications – Investigates residency issues and withdrawals as may be needed.
- Social Workers (4.5 for county) – A part-time social worker works on special projects; three social workers are field workers.
- Enrollment Center – Enrolls new students, updates address changes and verifies private school students.
- 504 Coordinator – Consult with school site coordinator (i.e.: AP at school) regarding problem cases and how to help them and/or refer to RTI. Students needing special education services will need to go through the RTI process prior to receiving services.