Pre-Kindergarten Program Guidelines
Bright from the Start Pre-K classes are located in the following elementary school zones: Cleveland, Crabapple Lane, Fayetteville, Huddleston, Inman, Kedron, North Fayette, Oak Grove, Peachtree City, Sara Harp Minter, Spring Hill and Robert J. Burch. Students in the Pre-K Program must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2019. Pre-K registration takes place at the individual schools above.
Please make sure you bring the necessary documentation to register your child:
- Child’s birth certificate (birth date between September 2, 2014 and September 1, 2015);
- Parent ID;
- Current electric bill;
- Most recent lease or property tax bill or closing statement.
Program Guidelines for 2019-2020 School Year:
- Each class will be comprised of 22 students.
- Due to a limited number of available openings at each school, there are no transfers or special permission opportunities for Pre-K students, including employees’ children.
- Children who are on the waiting list or who register after the drawing will be notified of an opening in the order in which they were added to the waiting list. A waiting list form must be completed by the parent/guardian.
- Each class has a full time certified teacher and paraprofessional.
- Pre-K students will attend school the same number of days as K-12 students. Their school day is from 7:40am - 2:25pm.
- Good attendance and punctuality are required.
- Pre-K students are provided bus transportation.
- There are no before or after school programs for Pre-K students.
- Parents/guardians are expected to volunteer in the classroom, attend field trips, and participate in activities at home, such as reading to their child and completing provided activities.
- The state requires that parents attend two conferences.