Who can pick up my children?

Posted by:

Children will not be released to individuals who are not authorized on the student’s emergency care card or who do not have written parent authorization. The Student Emergency/Safety Information form is completed by parents and guardians at the start of each school year.Friends and neighbors may sign a child or children out with written permission from a parent or parents. Both (or all) parents have to give permission in writing for the sign out and pickup. Schools prefer to have written permission on the day that a child’s pickup will change but schools will also keep written permission on file. School offices will keep the permission notes, usually they will attach them to the emergency care card(s) of those involved. Schools will also ask for identification when the child is released to one(s) mentioned in the permission note. It is advisable to communicate with the teacher as well, perhaps with a copy of the signed written note.