Department of School Psychological Services
Services: The following represents services that school psychologists may provide to schools and families.
- Consult with teachers, administrators, parents and other concerned professionals for problem resolution.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents and administrators to find effective solutions to learning and behavior problems.
- Help others understand child development and how it affects learning and behavior.
- Strengthen working relationships between teachers, parents and service providers in the community.
- Promote tolerance, understanding, and appreciation of diversity within the school community.
- Collaborate with school staff and community agencies to provide services directed at improving psychological and physical health.
- Develop programs to make schools safer and more effective learning environments.
- Evaluate eligibility for special services
- Assess academic skills and aptitude for learning
- Determine social-emotional development and mental health status
- Evaluate learning environments